Monday 9 September 2013

SPRING TIME AT KEPONG BOTANICAL GARDEN



It was a cool breezy Saturday morning and  I went into  Kepong Botanical Garden with my camera instead of going to work early.

I spent a pleasant time wandering about in the garden enjoying the sights of beautiful flowering plants and feathered visitors to the garden.

Cratoxylum Formosum

The Cratoxylum Formosum trees in the garden are covered in a coat of red (young shoots) and pink (flowers).  I was lucky to be in time to see  delightful pinks flowers in one of the trees. 







Brownea Rosa-de-Monte  (Rose of Venezuela) aka Handkerchief tree








 Various shades, patterns and colours of handkerchiefs

Jacaranda by the Lakeside  - adding  dashes of purple to the greens







 POLYALTHIA STENOPETALA  -  sweet fragrance of the puny flowers







Brave new leaves of Polyalthia Stenopetala 


    FEATHERED VISITORS TO THE GARDEN



Snow Egret ? ( Small white Heron); straight black beak,  black legs and yellow feet. Catch its prey by stalking along the edge of the water.



White belly Eagle






White-bellied Sea-eagle Haliaeetus leucogaster  flying over the big pond a number of times,  in search of prey


As I was walking towards the Ginger Garden, I met a group of visitors with a guide from FRIM showing and telling them the various plants  and their characteristics.   I found that they are members of the Selangor KL Gardening society.

I tailed the group to walk the Razak trail keeping close to the guide.  It was a fruitful effort as I got to know the names of some plants, especially palms from listening to the guide, Mar Chandran.


 TO BE CONTINUED








No comments:

Post a Comment